A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
This is a repost from the 2015 Indie Game Making Contest submission.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A NUMPAD, THIS WILL BE VERY HARD TO PLAY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
The world spins as you come to. As your eyes adjust to the darkness of your environment, you find your hat. Donning your trusty headpiece, you realize that there's only one explanation...Smoke, the Magician of Mirrors, must have thrown you into his basement! The twisted fellow loves to watch mages like yourself stumble through his maze-like basement. To make matters worse, the basement is littered with illusions of Smoke, known and Mirrors, which will blast anything which does not wear a top hat! Can you make it out in one piece?
- WASD: Move
- Numpad 1/2/3: Use spells 1, 2, and 3, respectively.
- Numpad +: Start preparing a spell.
- Numpad Enter: Finish answer.
- Numpad Del (usually the dot): Erase previous digit.
This is one of my first projects. Haha, I remember throwing together the levels within a few days of the contest. I wasted so much of my time trying to add all sorts of fancy features that I didn't think to start on them sooner.
Credits (aside from myself)
- Frogatto Team (DDR, Jetrel, Vultraz, and others):
For allowing me to use their fonts, dialog boxes, and some of their underlying scripts from their game. Also, these guys made the engine, and were very patient with all of my questions.
- Halcyonic Falconx: The rad guy who made some music and gave it away in the The Open Game Art Bundle. This game uses four of his songs. (Note: The website which had the bundle has expired. You may still be able to salvage some of the stuff from this forum thread.)
- And my many testers. Thank you all for your valuable feedback.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.